The International University in Geneva welcomes transfer students from recognized universities around the world. The University has established links with other universities, through an extensive international network which expands from Europe, USA, Central and South America, Asia and the Middle East.
To be eligible for transfer, the foreign candidate must forward all relevant official transcripts to the Admissions Office at the International University in Geneva. The Admissions Office will then inform the student about the number of credits that will be accepted upon transfer. Please contact Ms. Zsuzsanna Buczko for more details : email@example.com
To be eligible for transfer, students must provide the following:
- Transfer applicants who wish to have credits from the transferring academic institution awarded to their IUG diploma must submit official transcripts. Transfer credits (TC) will be awarded for relevant courses with a minimum grade of "C" for undergraduates and "B" for graduate students, according to IUG criteria. The University will accept a maximum of 90 transfer credits (up to 2 years) for undergraduate transfers. Transferred courses will be labelled “TC” on the IUG student transcript IUG.
- Courses must be compatible with the IUG curriculum.
- Transfer credit is registered as credit (TC) only and will not contribute to the cumulative grade point average received at IUG.
In order to apply as a transfer student, candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- A completed application form with an essay (200 to 300 words on one of the following topics):
- Describe your biggest achievement in any aspect of your life and the reasons for this success.
- Select a current issue of national or international importance which you think will have an impact on society. Explain why.
- A certified copy of a secondary school diploma in English
- A certified secondary school transcript in English with an official Grade Point Average An original or a certified copy of high school/secondary education diploma (in English)
- A minimum score of 80 (Internet based test) or 213 (computer based test) on the TOEFL test (www.ets.org/toefl/ ) or another equivalent English proficiency test. To submit the TOEFL test score to the International University in Geneva (IUG), please enter IUG's institutional code number (0130) when you take the test.
- An official Curriculum Vitae / Resume stating relevant work/educational experience
- 2 Passport photographs
- A copy of the student’s passport(and Permit if applicable)
- A non-refundable application fee payable in Swiss Francs CHF 150.-